This runbook covers how to create a Jira dashboard to monitor the organization from Gravity and your team. Use this dashboard to monitor label usage and, optionally, assignees and components.
Permission to create and edit a dashboard within Jira
Access your Jira project.
Click on "Dashboards".
Create a new dashboard:
Click "Create dashboard".
Provide a name.
Add desired gadgets:
Click "Add" for the desired gadget (e.g., Issue Statistics, Pie Chart, Two Dimensional Filter Statistics, Filter Counts).
Configure the gadget for your project.
Configure gadgets to display label statistics:
For "Issue Statistics", select "Statistic Type: Labels".
Optionally, add gadgets for other issue attributes (e.g., Components, Assignees).
Add and configure more gadgets as needed.
To edit an existing gadget, click "Configure".
Click "Done" when finished.
1. Go to your Jira project where Gravity is installed
2. Click on Dashboards
3. Click on Create dashboard
4. Name the dashboard
5. Click on Save
6. Click on Add for one of the desired gadgets
7. Click on Add
8. Configure the gadget for the project where Gravity is installed
9. For Issue Statistics to display the most used labels, select Statistic Type: Labels
Alternatively, or additionally, gadgets can be added with the statistic type for any relevant issue attribute, like Components or Assignees.